Theatre of the World
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Theatre of the World

An AU Hetalia Roleplay.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) Empty
PostSubject: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptySat Mar 12, 2011 7:39 pm

Roderich Edelstein entered the rehearsal room, his music under his arm. He looked around, strolling over to the piano, the hard soles of his shoes clicking on the linoleum tiles. He set the musical score down on the piano bench and considered the upright piano. His gaze strayed to the mirror behind it, it allowed him to better see the vocalists and tell him who was off rhythm when it came down to that. He turned from the piano, considering the empty room. There were a couple of benches and a side room of makeshift props, but not much else. The acoustics would be more reverberating than he liked, but that's what came of settling for the rehersal roomr ather than the grand piano in the auditorium. He supposed he could practice on that one, since he seemed to have the theatre to himself at the moment, he had after all had to unlock the door to get in. He looked around the rehearsal room, considering the acoustics for another moment before shrugging. It would do he supposed, though it really was designed more for music with voices than music for the sake of music. He really ought to just invest in his own piano, but he’d never be able to afford consistent tunings.

The musician shed his suit coat, depositing it on a nearby bench and picked up the piano music for the latest production, putting it on the music stand before opening the lid of the piano and sitting down at the keys. He had every intention of going through the score, but he knew better than to start something like this cold. Closing his eyes, Roderich rested his hands on the keys before sending them flying over the ivory, letting his fingers trip over them in order to get his fingers and ear accustomed to the instrument again. He finally stilled, opening his violet eyes and turning to the other sheets he’d brought in, digging a pencil out of his jacket pocket. He picked up a sheet of composition paper and, setting the score aside (he’d get to it later, he promised himself) he replaced it with the composition paper. Closing his eyes again he started through the music he’d just played as close to the same as possible, opening his eyes every few notes to mark it on the page. It wasn’t Chopin, or Vivaldi, but it would do for his own work.
Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen
Admin
Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 12:08 pm

Tino was feeling in the mood to take a wonder around. He'd taken a break from his plans and sketches to have a stroll, so stroll he did. Soon, he came across a room which seemed to have music warbling out through the door. Oh, well, of course it would be, it's a music room. Piano music, it was, and Tino had a bit of a love for pianos, they were so elegant, so amazing. So Tino had the urge to peek in and have a look at who was playing... So he did. The door was open only half a centimeter and Tino was struggling to see inside. But wouldn't opening the door disturb the piano player? What if it creaked open and shut, and the man was thrown off, or alerted to Tino's presence...? So instead he stood stock still and watched from his small gap at the small section of the other man's head. It was a luscious brown, glossy too. There was an odd little flick at the front, which was surprisingly common in people now-a-days for some reason... Yet it looked all natural. Hey, the man's clothes weren't half bad either. Tino could do with a set of those... Or better yet, a set of the long and slender hands dancing over the keys with grace and passion. Tino'd been told before that he had a pianist's hands, but he never put that to good use. Well, he never played the piano at least. Painting was good use, in Tino's opinion.

The playing, Tino realised, was pausing very frequently in order for the man to note down something on paper. Tino'd been more enraptured by other things that he'd stopped listening. He ambled in as quietly as he could achieve, standing at the back of the room, too nervous to announce his presence. But he needn't of worried, for his dog, Hana tamago, decided that it was the perfect moment to totter up to his master, bowl firmly clamped in jaws, and drop it at Tino's feet. The bowl didn't break, being very sturdy plastic, but it did make a very loud, echo-y "Bang!" which reverberated around the room, making Tino jump and put a hand over his heart to calm it down. After he'd regained his steady heartbeat, he looked around to the poor, interrupted piano player, nibbling on his lip nervously.

(( Tada~ ))
Back to top Go down
http://thezodiacschool.forumotion.co.uk/
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyFri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 pm

Roderich was carefully marking down the notes, setting aside the second page of them. He closed his eyes again, playing the last two measures and seeing where they took him. Once he had a feel for the next page or so he began to go back through, meticulously writing down each note. He was so absorbed in his work that he didn’t notice when Tino entered, though had he bothered to look at the mirror over the piano he likely would have.

He was in the midst of writing down the right hand part for a simple measure when he was startled by the sound of a bang. His violet gaze snapped up to the mirror, before he turned to face the younger man. The musician looked him over for a moment, the boy was far too thin, but that was neither here nor there to the pianist. “Guten Tag.” He finally spoke.
Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen
Admin
Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyTue Apr 12, 2011 5:30 am

The man looked over at him, as Tino had expected, and spoke to him in what sounded like... Really camp German. He blinked slightly and hesitantly shuffled closer. "I'm sorry for intruding like this..." he whispered, scooping up Hana Tamago in his arms and stroking her. "I just liked the sound of the piano... I've always liked the piano but never had the conviction to learn, you know? And I've been told that I'd make a good pianist before, but I sort of doubt it. I have long fingers, like you do!" But he cut off his rambling quickly and got to his point. "Please excuse my intrusion, but may I listen? I've been listening by the door for the last minute or so, after all..." That made Tino feel a little creepy, to be honest.

But, not really waiting for a reply (because it would be rude if the man declined him), Tino pulled off the top seat in a stack of them and staggered with its weight slightly, before placing it next to the piano and sitting in it. "Also, my dog won't make a sound, I promise. She's well behaved and well trained, so she won't bark or anything. Her name is Hana Tamago." He set her in his lap and stroked her gently, loving the soft feel of her fur. "Oh!" He slapped his forehead to express his own stupidity, "I'm Tino Väinämöinen, the theatre's best set designer!" He looked at the odd sounding German, hoping he'd approve of Tino's presence and continue to play.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:27 am

Roderich’s gaze skimmed over the young blond. “There’s no harm done,” he replied quietly to the soft apology. His eyebrows arched bemusedly as the other man started to chatter on about piano music. The musician opened his mouth to respond several times, but finally gave up, just listening for a pause long enough for him to speak. When that pause didn’t come he simply settled back, startled a bit by the question of whether the other could listen.

The Austrian began to respond with an almost dismissive negative but found that it didn’t appear to matter what answer he gave as the younger man was settling in to listen either way. His violet gaze flickered toward the dog as he murmured under his breath, “No, I don’t mind at all…pull a chair right up.” He spoke in an audible tone, “She seems a lovely dog.” The conductor turned back to the piano, glancing up again at the introduction. “Roderich Edelstein, Orchestral Conductor.” He placed his hands on the keys again and tried to recall the composition he’d been playing. He went over the last couple of bars again, but still couldn’t seem to get it right. He frowned, well, if worst came to worst he’d rewrite the whole thing later.
Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen
Admin
Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 6:34 am

Tino put his chin in his hands, propping his elbows on his knees. The notes were pretty, each key pressed was a delight. Tino loved the piano, it was his favourite instrument- not that he played, of course, he didn't have the skill for it, he reckoned. But he'd been told that he had the hands for it which was a neat compliment. Hana Tamago was happy too, lying curled up in a little fuzzy ball on his lap, hidden behind his elbows. She was happy, it seemed, maybe because of the compliment Roderich paid her! Not to mention- Oh dear, he was saying this stuff outloud. Well. Not loud. But he was definitely mumbling. He was sure of it, so he snapped his jaw shut and put his hands over his mouth to listen silently.

...Had he introduced himself yet? Oh god, he didn't remember. Now if he introduced himself, it'd be weird! ...Right?

Tino just shook it off and listened to the music which sounded sort of off, but still pretty. Because how could someone like Edelstein, a conductor, make music sound bad. He couldn't! Exactly. Where was Tino going with this? He wasn't sure. He was just sure he was blabbering to himself internally. He should stop. So he did and continued to listen, head ending up leaning against the piano at some point.
Back to top Go down
Roderich Edelstein

Roderich Edelstein

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyWed Apr 20, 2011 11:38 am

Roderich closed his eyes again, concentrating on the music, finally getting what felt approximately like what he had been writing before the set designer came in. His violet eyes opened at the sound of murmuring. He glanced toward the blond, but decided that it likely wasn’t addressed to him. He turned his attention back to the music.

After a time he realized that his audience—Gott he would prefer to compose on his own—had relaxed enough to lean against the piano. That couldn’t be especially comfortable, and would have been a good deal louder… Ah well, to each his own. He didn’t miss a note as he finally spoke again, “How long have you worked here, sir?”
Back to top Go down
Tino Väinämöinen
Admin
Tino Väinämöinen

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) EmptyMon May 09, 2011 2:05 pm

"Hmmm?" Tino was enjoying his place. It was really nice and the piano was really loud. "Worked... A little while... A good few months at least. A year? I dunno..." Tino wasn't paying attention to what he was saying, he was too busy admiring the other's slick hair. And beautifully carved face. And that cute little mole to the left of his lip.

... He continued to stare at the beauty mark, as though it was the most interesting thing in the room, when of course, it wasn't. But it was just sorta there... It reminded him of those old Victorian, or Edwardian, or whatever times they were, when people would paint their faces with lead and draw on a beauty mark. It definitely made Roderich look more regal. And... regal suited him. Tino's thoughts were abruptly cut off, however, when a new one struck him. "Er... 'sir'? Did I never tell you my name?!" Oh, how rude of him, Tino surely must have intoduced himself! If he hadn't, that meant he introduced his own damn dog before himself!

(( I did it! I replied! I... feel ill... ))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))   Musical Lifestyle ((Tino)) Empty

Back to top Go down

Musical Lifestyle ((Tino))
Page 1 of 1